13th day of a month falling on Friday or 13 as a number is ominous and sends shrills and shivers to many across the world. Many aircrafts do not have 13th row of seats! But, 13th Friday or 13th number has often worked for me and many more! People, who believe that does not work for them, ground themselves from flying in an aircraft or starting anything new that day or such other things! Why is that? What is the realty? There is one nature or God, looking at billions of people on the earth. Why would it or He discriminate with the people and on what basis?
Many sections of people believe that if a black cat crosses their path, something bad would happen to them. These people halt for some time at that point where they were, allow someone else to pass-by first and then they proceed further. By implication, they mean that bad can happen to someone else but not to them! Many times such believers do a clever job of turning back and taking another route, even if they have to waste time. Perhaps this makes them less guilty; because they think it is the fate of that person, who would now cross such line first, along which the black cat had passed! Poor black cat!!
This is the kind of dilemma or damage; your perceptions can deflect on you. Do you know what implications of such perceptions are (some call these as superstitions, which are nothing but perceptions albeit stronger in nature)?
Till you hold such perceptions (or notions), you would believe those as sacrosanct. That would generate suspicions or worries in mind, puts you on slippery ground and shake your confidence. Suspicions or worries often tend to actualize!
Net result – your perceptions would only perpetuate further!!
How to manage N-P-Ts
This is really tricky. Big paradox is “what you believe leads to your N-P-Ts, so how can you disbelieve very same thing and judge which one is right or wrong, real or unreal?” And unless you judge; you cannot manage!! Here is the solution:
Evaluate the after-effects of your N/P/T. You would then be able to figure out what to manage.
When N/P/T is right
If these are right and real, then:
- You would get desired results.
- You would be successful, in what you pursue.
- You would be liked and loved by your colleagues and relied upon by your seniors.
- You would find confirmation of what you believe in majority of reference books, journals, articles and in what others have also experienced from the same or similar N/P/Ts.
- You would generally be at peace and will have least sleep disturbances.
- You would exude confidence and may be brilliance.
- You would be optimistic and dynamic.
When N/P/T is wrong
When your notions, perceptions and traits are ill-conceived and far from what is real or desired, then you would be (or carry):
- Naysayer – Negative or pessimistic thoughts and expressions.
- Negative emotions most time – frustration, flaw-finding, fussy, frantic and furious.
- Not willing to accept realities, despite proved wrong. Would show tendency to be toxic, dogmatic and orthodox.
- Not open to change. Closed minded.
- Not able to accept responsibility for failures; instead pass the buck. Exhibit ego.
- Not like to trust, be suspicious and shaky.
- Not easy to deal with; generally argumentative.
Real challenge – when Ns or Ps are fractured!
Most common and complex what people have are fractured notions or perceptions. It means that people hold opposite notions/perceptions in mind, keep flicking between right and wrong one; switch between real and unreal. It is clear that they do not realize this and live in illusions.
Note that traits are tough and tightly knit in your nature; hence cannot get fractured. These remain what these are, unless there are tenacious efforts to change the same. If these are positive, could combine brilliantly with right part of Ns/Ps to give you best of results. On other hand, if negative, these would combine with negative Ns/Ps to unleash havoc.
An example – a toxic boss (- trait) has fractured perception that employees should treated as buddy sometimes and bulldozed sometimes. Such a boss would mostly lean on wrong part of his perception and make lives of most difficult.
Fractured Ns and Ps would make you:
- To fail or succeed.
- To regret or rejoice.
- To feel low or high.
- To get constraints or comforts.
- To get jitters or joy.
- To have your views rubbished or reinforced.
- To be dogmatic or pragmatic.
Now, to conclude and execute
- If your N-P-Ts are right, you should get most of above 7 Y(es) most times.
Right needs to be reinforced and restored losing no time, if cracks creep in.
- If your N-P-Ts are wrong after watching 7 N(o) above, waste no time to wash those out. It will not be easy; but endure your efforts.
- So far so good. Now the nasty 7 T(oughs)! You need to be most vigilant about your fractured N & Ps. You would not recognize and realize these readily; instead you would face illusion and evasion.
You need to build conviction and watch when above 7 Ts go right or left. You need to be resolute in retaining right and leave left (wrong) part of your N & Ps. Adopt Right and Abolish Left (Wrong).
- To change/retain/adopt right part of your N-P-Ts, please refer analogy drawn with computer memories in my previous post “Your Barriers mainly come from your N-P-Ts”. Info about the wrong part has to overwritten by right or real ones in hard disc like memory of your brain repetitively through your observations and analysis.
Delete or dilute as much of your emotions stored in cache like memory in brain as possible. Dare to do that; you would be most delighted by its results!
Inspire and instigate yourself to influence and correct your traits stored as genetic info in ROM kind of memory in your brain. You need passion and patience to do it.
It is “Possible” and “You Can”!