Science and mathematics have given us innumerable equations, which have immense impact on our life; but nothing is more influential and imposing than nature’s own equation: You get = What you give! The relevance and ramifications of this equation are colossal. It is so deeply ingrained in our day to day life; yet research shows that very few have realized the rationale and realities, it presents.
It works across whole cross-section of societies, age groups, professions, faiths and fraternities, irrespective of time and space in the world. Effect of what you give can be seen in real time or in due course of time, depending upon the situation or parameter involved in “giving”. It is necessary that you understand what exactly you are giving. It is also critical for you to know that what you get back, comes in the form or manner that you are prompted or encouraged to give more of what you gave!!
Real examples in real time
- You give smile by heart to someone, she/he would smile back and you would feel like giving more smiles to same person or in general to everyone.
It is possible that she/he does not have habit of smiling often or has stern face. Watch her/his face carefully; your smile would bring change in facial expressions equivalent to the effect of your smile!
Also note, if you try this with plastic smile on your face, it would not work, because you are actually not giving anything. Giving has to be something in real and not false or fake.
- You give a dirty look, the person would give you back similar look.
- You give respect to others, you would get respect back.
- You show arrogance. Now, note the difference here. What you are giving is disrespect and ignoring others. Hence, in return, people would not have respect or ignore/avoid you! This would only prompt you to hit back, unless you choose to correct yourself.
- Be kind; people would shower on you kindness. And if you are nasty, you can well expect similar behavior back.
- Give happiness and helping hands to others; hundred hands would rise to help you and you would be the happiest!
- You communicate with heart; people would lend their ear and heart. You feel like doing more.
You communicate to show your power; you would get an impression that people are not liking or listening to you. You would be triggered to communicate more forcefully!
Real examples of what you get in due time
- You pray to God with inaction –> giving/showing your dependence
= get dependence through no-results –> more prayers.
- You pray to God with action –> giving/showing confidence and karma
= get more confidence and sense of doings through resounding results –> prayers but with more rigorous actions.
- You work long and hard –> increases company earnings
= your earning increases through reward/rising salary (though you may vie for promotion).
- You work smart –> you create opportunities for company
= you would be encouraged to work smarter by giving more opportunities.
- You inspire and initiate –> company grows or becomes more valuable
= you get a role (leadership) to inspire and grow more!
- Catch a colleague committing mistake to point finger; you would be caught by same or other colleague in similar situation.
Catch an erring colleague to help and correct; he/she would come forward to help you at time of need.
- If you share your wisdom and knowledge; you would get more of these in multiples!
Moral of the Equation
Nature has awarded to you a tool through this equation to design your own destiny; not by date and time of your birth! It is entirely in your hands what you want to do and get!!
If you do it right, you can only get right results! Unfortunately, most of us have not realized magical power of this equation. We swing between right and wrong, good and bad. Paradox and problem is that if you do it wrong, this equation would always prompt you to do more of it and you would not realize what you are into. Therefore:
- Always analyze what you are giving through your thoughts and actions to self or others.
- You can very well judge from the results on sustained basis whether you are on right or wrong track. If you are right, you are bound to get success and satisfaction.
- If you are wrong or erring in what you are giving, change the track; otherwise you run the risk of multiplying it.
- If you are right, be on the same track and double up!
Leave a Reply