By happy-go-lucky people, I don’t mean those, who are thick skin, carefree, care-the-less or who appear to keep themselves aloof from pain but not from pleasure! I am referring to those people, who keep themselves happy and able to manage their stress well!
I am sure that you know some happy-go-lucky people. To understand what they do and what works for them, let us first look at following examples:
- Doctors rarely fall prey to diseases they treat!
Practicing doctors rarely fail to attend to their duties. They usually do not pick-up infections from the patients they treat. Popular belief is that by getting exposed to infections repetitively, they become immune and that they take precautionary measures like washing their hands after checking their patients etc. But, many doctors are not known to take such precautionary measures. Then, there are several social workers, whose pursuit is to meet patients, spend time with them and boost their morals. Even these noble workers hardly get impacted by illness of patients!
There seems to be no scientific explanation how frequent exposure to infections enhances your immunity! But, one thing is strikingly similar among doctors and social workers – they don’t get disturbed and distracted from diseases; for them, it is just a routine!
- Why doctors’ evergreen advice in every illness “Be happy; you would be o.k.”?
You must have noticed this! Doctors do try to create optimism and hopes in their patients!! I have witnessed many, who have faith in their doctors, recover much faster than those, who doubt them. Why?
It is certain that optimism and hopefulness help your health!
- Military people invariably enjoy and sustain sound health!
Fitness exercises and hard work definitely help maintain good health. But, there are lot of civilians, who are health freaks but don’t seem to benefit as much as military people do. What is worth noting is that military people are healthy; but not necessarily happy!
There is one stark difference military personnel have as opposed to civilians – they are much focused and don’t allow themselves to get distracted in normal course!
- Saintly people are seldom sick!
They are calm, less complicated and have minimum conflicts of thoughts! Their wants or needs are very little. The net result is a stress free life and that seems to be key to their good health.
- During exciting time, excellent health endures like that of bride and bridegroom at time of their wedding!
When you are truly excited or having a hearty laugh, your body releases such hormones, which make your immune system stronger. At such time, you suddenly find yourself very focused and free from worries!
Now, signs that happy-go-lucky people emit
Compare the above examples with the clear signs, happy-go-lucky people reflect:
- They are free from stress or manage their stress well.
- They don’t overtly get disturbed by distractions.
- They are optimistic and hence dislike company of pessimists.
- They strike good balance between work and life.
- They are not perfectionists.
- They are able to minimize struggle with self.
- They take on the life as it comes.
- They avoid being furious or frustrated.
- They don’t allow dust of doubt and rust of past to set-in!
- They never nag and always enjoy what they eat!!
So, we can safely conclude that happy-go-lucky persons are unique combination of unique qualities of medical practitioners, military men to saints and stimulated ones! We often confuse with superficially happy-go-lucky ones, who are complacent, care free or careless, casual or enjoying being in comfort zones! Such people have misplaced happiness.
It is noteworthy that happy people are invariably healthy; but healthy people are not necessarily happy and therefore, eventually they lose good health!
How to be happy-go-lucky!
- Gainfully engaged mind brings wellness; whereas idle mind triggers illness!
As a matter of fact, mind can never remain idle. Typically, when we say idle mind, we mean no physical activity; but our mind is actually busy with conflicting thoughts. A gainfully engaged mind would automatically drive you to do productive work!
- Cut down unproductive thoughts and tasks.
At least half of what we think and do is wasteful. Please look at earlier article on “Want to free-up your time by 50%? Follow just 5 tips fiercely!” Very significant to know here is if you do something wasteful, it is bound to bring associated worries.
- Acceptance of “what it is” and feeling gratitude for “what you have” are two great mantras to keep you away from disappointments and dejection.
- Welcome problems but work for solutions.
You may find it difficult to welcome problems; but points 1 and 3 above would act as great enablers.
- Whatever happens has both positive and negative built-in. If you tag along with positive, you would be terrific; otherwise it can be terrible!
- It may be very surprising but true that full focus and faith in what you pursue is key to “full-of-fun life”!
Being happy-go-lucky surely boosts your immune system and more importantly not allow you to become unhealthy!
So, if you are not happy-go-lucky by destiny or DNA, you can definitely be so by design!!!
Leave a Reply