Is it not true that “Beauty is bliss”, “Beauty is blast” and “Beauty signifies the good”?
Being beautiful is undoubtedly fascinating and a positive aspect – be it beautiful personality, physique, product, place to visit, phenomena of nature, characteristic or any other body/being! Look at advertisements of any product or service in print or social media; pictures of beautiful models or to a lesser extent handsome men are indispensable for glamorizing and catchy campaigns to a large extent. If a model is more appealing, the advertisement would correspondingly attract more views, likes and higher sale of products. It is unthinkable that a new model of car can be launched without attractive models beautifying it from its sides. Be it cheer leaders say for soccer or cricket or be it front desks of hotels, beautiful looks and physique are prerequisites! If you are upset and calling a service center to register your complain, a beautiful voice coming from other end would soothe your anger!
So, a beauty is alluring and seductive. It attracts attention of most, brings in revenue, popularity and publicity. However, it can also break peace of mind, create controversies and even wreak havoc. History shows that beautiful piece of land or looks culminated into wars in olden time. On the other hands, present times bring worries for beautiful things of different kinds.
So, reality is that being beautiful is a blessing as well as a burden!
Universal effects of a beauty
What is beautiful would always bear following effects, be it a person, place or product:
- It attracts too much attention.
- It evokes emotions among observers.
- It creates illusion in minds of onlookers.
- It instigates feeling to get involved or indulge.
- It encourages rivalries and/or competitions.
- It is pricey; at the same time not easy to maintain.
- It loses its freedom and security to an extent.
- It becomes gullible.
- It gets too exposed to remain free from errors or cracks.
- It converts the biggest strength into the biggest weakness.
Beauty and balancing act of nature!
When beauty stands out, it runs the risk of succumbing to nuances of nature. The way it is difficult to sustain the spree of successes, it is also not easy to preserve beauty in its original form. Anything at elevated level requires extra efforts, in absence of which, it would be denigrate to a lower and sustainable level. It is often termed as balancing act of nature; but, truly speaking it is set of our acts only!
Here below is how beauty evolves or devolves:
- A beautiful person would tend to become:
- Difficult, because of popularity, praises, publicity and premium that person commands
- Sensitive or short tempered, because of emerging ego or arrogance
- Demanding, since the person becomes passionate for distinction and differentiation
- Emotional, since it is difficult for a beauty to be rational
- Insecure and vulnerable, because of high image and exposure
- Obsessed with beauty of self, which can lead to depression or even recourse to rehabilitation center
- A beautiful place is likely to be:
- Difficult in access like Fly Geyser, Nevada in USA, Mount Roraima near border of Brazil and Venezuela or many other amazing places
- Serene, unless it is a water fall
- Expensive, until it is commercialized; but then it starts to lose its beauty
Beauty of such place would degenerate, if accessibility and affordability increases!
- A beautiful product loses its sheen, when it becomes immensely popular like it has happened with iPhone of Apple. Its beauty inspired lot of competitors, main one being Samsung with its Galaxy range. Implications are – premium drops, margin diminishes and whole organization could face unbelievable challenges, like Apple Inc. is facing now. To sustain beautiful products, you have to be truly innovative as well as creative.
Beauty of the message
To be extraordinary requires extraordinary set of contradictions to be managed. So, message that emerges for beautiful things or persons is:
Remain grounded, while flying high in minds of people! Be humble, while harboring high ambitions. Be firm but flexible with the fans. Keep the eyes on; but, hands off. Remain glued to your goals, while being greedy for getting attention.
Very significant is also to make your choice between “skin deep beauty” and “beauty in depth”. Former may not be in your hands but latter is; former can fail but latter always flourishes!
If you follow the above, then a beauty can be less of a burden and more of bliss!