The best single point resolution for 2015 for you could be “not to trash older resolutions and tag along with yet new set of resolutions; instead review and reinforce the older ones!” There is lot of merits in doing so:
- If you have been making resolutions with dawn of New Years in the past and fulfilling those, then you would have become so good that you don’t require a new resolution! Yet, if you chose to make one, most likely it would be flimsy and frivolous!! That would do more harm than good to you.
- But, if you have not been fulfilling what you commit to yourself in terms of resolutions, it signals your weak intents or convictions. This is indeed a big issue for you, which would only magnify if you gloss over and go for new resolutions.
If you believe that you have changed and would not allow new resolutions to gather dust now, then first test yourself by dusting off older lots and fulfilling same. Otherwise, you are only misleading yourself.
- Are you aware what we believe as new or start of a new period like year 2015, it triggers an impulse or euphoria in us? It is just a spark but not fire. Mass hysteria on such occasions creates an illusion in our mind that it is a fire and we are tempted to consign older intents and values in same and opt for a perceived new order!
Generally, such new order is nothing but older ideas in a new wrapper.
- Excitement linked to an event does create a drive in you; but please do not overlook the fact that after all it is not your inner drive and hence, it would fade once event is over.
So, if you want to reap real fruits of your ideas and intents, those must be triggered by your inner drive or what we call as inspiration.
- When you are inner or self-driven, good ideas would start flooding your mind and time, space or occasions would lose significance! Real test of you being in self-drive mode is that you would start to feel compelled to resolve and implement those ideas there and then! You would not postpone those for an event like New Year to usher in!
So, if you defer good ideas to an occasion, then you are not self-driven nor ideas are actually good!
- Please do not forget that what is good cannot be in great number! Usually, most of us know what is good. What we lack is our belief in those and will to implement. Therefore, what is critical is to review and reinforce what you have already resolved or are in know of! It is only then you would excel in your efforts and get rewarded.
So, it makes a perfect sense to revisit and reinforce what you already possess or had resolved earlier.
How to revolutionize your euphoria linked to New Year or any other event!
- New Year and for that reason, any other festive event brings excitement, energy and expectations. Channelize those not for setting new resolutions and ambitions, but for creating confidence and conviction in self!
- Focus on what you are doing and not on doings of others.
- Keenly discover for yourself that “you can enjoy an event only when you are positive in your mind, not when you are angry or anxious, distressed or dejected”.
- Merge yourself with the moment and watch the game of mind. Your mind would unleash unprecedented drive and dazzle, bliss and beauty!
- This is the time you should shed away all inhibitions and indecisiveness, put unflinching faith in your unlimited power and possibilities.
And move on with your pursuits single-minded!